Any athlete before the competition or in preparation for them is warming up. Both in sport and in vocals, before the main lesson or performance, correctly “knead” your voice. This article is about how to sing before singing. If you are a beginner and have no idea what this is and why you need it, you can start with the introductory article of Chant for Voice.
What to do with breathing when singing?
To correctly and effectively sing before singing: stand up freely, in a comfortable position, relax. Inhale measuredly through the nose. If you feel that there is not enough breathing, you need to make it shorter, and then return to the exercise again and sing it all on one exhale.
Between exercises breathe normally, with short breaths.
How to sing at home, how many songs to sing?
The answer to this question is in your data. The chanting is necessary so as not to overstrain, to leave strength for the performance. However, for the complex of classes you need to prepare the breath, diction and the voice itself.
Sing until you feel a strong desire to sing - and at the same time nothing perspires and does not interfere. This means the device is ready for use.
If you practice without a teacher, try to sing right at home. Watch for quality. Be sure to listen to yourself on audio or - even better - on video.
Pay attention to the sound itself, to body movements, to facial expressions. If you notice discomfort when singing or unnatural movements, adjust yourself or consult a teacher.
Tip from Artvokal.ru: singing at home, slowly and smiling, directing the sound into the upper teeth.
How to understand that they were correctly singed before singing?
Before a concert performance, it’s important to sing well and not get tired. A few recommendations from our school of singing in Moscow Artvokal.ru:
- If each subsequent chant is simpler, easier than the previous one,
- If the voice is free and there is no discomfort,
- If the top and bottom notes of a range sound bright and full,
- If the "soul sings" and asks for the stage.
Do you watch this at home? Your voice is ready to go.
Exercises for chanting the voice before the performance you need to choose the ones that you like. It is desirable that they involve breathing, diction, and range.
To sing a voice, you can perform the simplest exercises, but the main thing is that they are performed correctly. If you followed the breath, the muscles of the press, the sound and not too tired, you can say that you sang correctly. The ability to chant correctly before a performance is already half the success. Singing is needed for both beginners and experienced singers.
How to quickly get drunk before a performance?
If you have only five to ten minutes before the concert, the main thing is the system. Pick up the most effective chants in advance and always use them.
- Start by breathing. Calm him and tone him. One breathing exercise is enough.
- Work out a comprehensive exercise on diction and range. The exercise on the sound “m” helps to quickly get drunk, you just need to mumble, find the upper resonator and mumble almost without a voice, distract from the technical part and just “catch” this sound.
- Try a voice on a piece of work.
Advice from Artvokal.ru: we do not recommend wholly singing in a work, so as not to “burn out”. High-quality voice production for vocals does not require overvoltage. Leave all the emotions to speak.
Vocal exercises for singing and range growth
This collection contains both popular exercises for singing a voice, as well as new, unusual ones. To get started, tune in to singing, think about something good, let go of unpleasant thoughts. Immediately after performing exercises to warm up the voice in the chromatic range from the middle of the range to the upper and lower boundaries, you can go to the following:
- Melodic exercise "MI-and-and-and-I-a-A". A chant is played on the first five sounds of the major scale, for example, on “do-re-mi-fa-Sol-mi-dO”, and the long sound “and” gradually leads to the top - the sound “I” - which should sound like a springboard , from which "aa" roll out.
- Hey Hey. Sound Flow Exercise. The energetic sound “hey” sounds the sounds of a major triad, for example: “do-mi-sol-mi-sol-mi-do”. It is important to monitor the same sound supply, vigorous movements of the abdominal muscles. In the throat, avoid clamps: if everything is done correctly, the sound flies far and freely.
- Singing a gamma for one octave (for example, from “salt” to “salt”) with the names of notes or any vowel sound. When performing the exercise, make sure that when climbing up the larynx remains below (then there will be no tension), otherwise the sound will remain in the ligaments.
- Descending gamma to any vowel, for example, “maaaaaaaa.” When performing the exercise, make sure that by the end of the chanting the sound remains in the upper part of the face, if necessary, connect the chest register.
- “Kna-kni-kne-kno-knu.” The exercise is performed on one note (start with the most convenient for your voice). Make sure that the sound “k” is clear and sonorous, “n” is more nasal, and the main one should remain in the position of the sound “n” when singing.
- Singing the sound “in” on any melody, fragment of sounds or scale. This exercise for singing for beginners helps to ensure that the vocal cords do not suffer and do not strain, only the mouth apparatus "works" (if, when we practiced, we always used the cords, they would be too tired).
- It is useful for preparing the oral apparatus and for warming the voice to “growl”: to sing “p”.
- "Dumb sound." Exercise helps you quickly feel the possibilities of your voice. Open your mouth wide and “rush around” without making any specific sound. Performed on any melody or fragment.